Wednesday, February 9, 2011

last two workouts

so I failed to post my Superbowl Sunday workout

my biceps were still really sore, so I did 38 chinups

5, then 11 sets of 3 - standard 3 min between sets

Across body Hammer Curls and Hammer Curls with 30 lbs

was a little disappointed, but with how much I have been eating, I was probably close to 187 lbs that morning - each pound does make a diference. I had horrible eating days on the previous Thursday and Saturday, and weekend before that Friday through Sunday was horrible

this morning, did my usual Jack3D - 2 scops, CR + 10 Humapro pre and post, but drank 3 scoops of Chained Out during my workout - woke up at 180 lbs

I however had one twist, got my Yok3d from USP, threw three down the hatch at 430 am, 100 minutes before the start of my workout (90 to 120 minutes is the recommendation)

Hammer Incline Press - each set finished with 8 count X rep
90 lbs x 7, 4
85 lbs x 4
80 lbs x 4, 4, 3

Wow - super intense, hopefully my rep count for 90lbs will go up next week. Noticed my overall peak strength didn't go up, but my endurance was waaay more than normal. Each set was spent pushing absolutely as hard as I could.

in fact, was so intense I couldn't do any dips, whereas the previous week I could knock out 27 dips over six sets

Gironda Barbell Curls - got stronger
55 lbs x 10
55 lbs x 6 + x rep
55 lbs x 4 + x rep

this was extremely painful, but in a good way

Hammer Curls - got up one rep each hand with 32.5 lbs, but did a lot of reps with 30 lbs - to emphasize the brachialis and brachioradialius

on my way home, biceps were so swollen, it was strange, overall this strategy seems to be working, I need to make sure I don't use Chain'd Reaction as an exuse to bing on junk carbs for unneeded cheat days - today dinner will be low calorie, just some raw butter and lamb chop

No comments: