Friday, August 14, 2009

Week 1 Results, Discussion, Thoughts, and adjustments

well, with a mythical 'starting point' of last Friday, 07 Aug 09, I have some updates
first some stats

07 Aug 09

194.0 lbs
29.1% BF
10 (Visceral Fat)
130.6 LBM

14 Aug 09
193.8 lbs (-0.2 lbs)
28.7% BF (-0.4%) : -1.0 lb BF
10
131.4 LBM (+0.8 lbs)

I definitely did not lose as much "weight" as I wanted to. According to this quick snap shot, I lost just a pound of bodyfat and gained 0.8 lbs of muscle, so a tissue swap. However, this is just a snapshot. If the 0.8 lbs LBM is true, that is pretty cool. I do 'feel' more muscular

Things to improve on

Diet

Last Saturday was high in booze, specifically high in beer, that will be cut out

A lot of calories were consumed in the form of carbs on Saturday AND Tuesday

Saturdays will probably still contain a good deal of calories but must cut Tuesday carbs, although it is a vegetarian day I will need to fast instead or stick to protein shakes and chia seeds

one option is to consume a few tablespoons of coconut oil and turmeric for liver detox on those days

Consume less raw butter (perhaps cut all together on most diet days) and up coconut oil

Training

Since I am on Progenex - go to 4 day split
Back and traps and biceps (forearms)
Legs - Dumbell Squats, Leg Extension, Calves
Chest and triceps (forearms and calves)
Shoulders (forearms)

Lifestyle

As I not working, must cut out super late nights, lack of sleep is affecting me
As I am doing forex again, must throw in nap at least 5 days per week
throw out late night movie rentals after current 2 movies are done
mustminimize/eliminate late night TV

ok - shoot for better results next Friday

No comments: